Two people died, and at least eight people were sickened, at storage and mixing plant where they worked. They were sickened after exposure to a chemical at an East St. Louis, Illinois plant on Saturday and emergency rooms at two hospitals were quarantined after people sought treatment. Authorities stated that they were “99 percent” certain the chemical was nitrolaniline, a highly toxic material that can cause serious breathing problems and even death. The Occupational Safety and Health Administration’s Website says it can cause vomiting, diarrhea, convulsions, respiratory arrest and other symptoms as ailments. The incident began when the lid of a barrel popped off at Ro-Corp in East St. Louis, spreading the white powder everywhere. The injured men went to three different hospitals, and although they are in fair condition, the extent of their personal injuries is unknown. Two of the hospitals immediately locked down their emergency rooms, but no other patients showed signs of illness. At this time, no lawsuits have been filed. To read the full story, click here.