Published on:

Woman killed in Northwest Chicago fire

A Chicago woman was killed in an Chicago apartment building fire last week. The fire broke out in the fire victim’s second-floor Chicago apartment. The fire was confined to one apartment. Firefighters found a smoke alarm with no battery in the apartment. Many people suffer injury or death each year due to faulty fire alarms. It is important for homeowners, landlords and tenants to install and maintain working fire alarms to prevent fatal fires such as this one in Chicago.

To read more about the Chicago fire victim.