Residents of the affected area are going to be filing a class-action negligence lawsuit against a food company whose meat products were contaminated and are connected to 15 wrongful deaths so far. The number of wrongful deaths may grow because the incubation period for the bacteria (listeria) found in the contaminated meat products has an incubation period of up to 90 days. The products were sold to private citizens, but were also served in hospitals and nursing homes. Issues arise with whether it is negligent for hospitals and nursing homes to serve food prone to this type of bacteria because it is the most dangerous to older people, young people and people with weakened immune systems. The main issue in the lawsuit is that the company was being negligent because the sanitation levels they maintained were not appropriate for food products and that they were aware of the potential toxicity of the products which in turn resulted in the wrongful deaths of some of their consumers. For the full story click here.