A $960,000 personal injury settlement was made on the behalf of an 88-year-old man who was severely burned in his shower. The man was showering when the water became extremely hot – 180 degrees – causing him to fall in the tub. The man was bed-ridden for months to treat burns on his arms, legs, abdomen and groin. The owners of the building, the plumbers who installed the thermostat and the agency that supplied the nurse who was supposed to be helping the man bathe were all payees on the settlement.
Click here for the full article